Earlier today, the City of Philadelphia experienced internet connectivity challenges due to an unexpected network issue. The Office of Innovation and Technology (OIT) can confirm that this internal technical issue arose during a planned upgrade. This is not the result of a malicious actor or cyber attack.
OIT and its vendors worked quickly to resolve the issue; however, the outage did impact some public-facing systems and operations, and many of these services have been restored.
This post will continue to be updated with the latest information about City services. Check back frequently.
Affected City Services
The following City of Philadelphia services are currently experiencing some level of impact to their services:
- Call center is receiving calls; however, systems used to resolve issues may not be available consistently.
Philadelphia Water Department (PWD)
- PWD resumed taking emergency and billing calls at (215) 685-6300. However, due to the backlog from yesterday’s computer issues, billing inquiries will take longer today. Customers can schedule a call back here.
Services Not Impacted
Many City services are not impacted and are continuing to operate normally, including:
- 911 Call Centers
- Trash and recycling collection
- Philadelphia Department of Prisons
- PHL International Airport
- First Judicial District of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia Courts)